The Manitoba Advantage: Medical Insurance


Manitoba has extensive and modern health facilities that are accessible to all international students.

You, your spouse and dependants may also be eligible for FREE health care coverage through Manitoba Health. You must hold a valid study permit issued by Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship Canada, and you and your family members must reside in Manitoba for a minimum of 6 consecutive months.

Supplemental medical insurance may be available from educational institutions in Manitoba to cover travel, vision, and dental health. Check with the institution you wish to attend prior to purchasing insurance in your home country.

What documents will I need when I apply for Manitoba Health Insurance?

  • A letter of enrollment that proves you are a current student attending a designated learning institution
  • A study permit valid for 6 months or longer

Manitoba Health Brochures:

Manitoba news