The Quebec Immigrant Investor Program has been administered by
the Government of Quebec and has been in operation since 1986. The
program has re-opened with modified requirements. It has been in effect
since December 1, 2010. The funds that the Quebec Investor Program
generates bring to Quebec’s small, medium businesses a financial aid
needed for their projects that covers all economic sectors all over the
Quebec regions, and that generates important fiscal receipts to the
government without budgeted credit as well as contributes a source of
financing significant for the Quebec Government. |
- To be eligible for this program, you must:
- have, alone or with his accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least C$1,600,000 obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed.
- have experience in management in a legal farming,
commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business
where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the
equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a
government or one of its departments or agencies.
Management experience is defined as the exercise, for at least two years in the five years
preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties
related to the planning, management and control of financial resources
and of human or material resources under your authority; the experience
does not include experience acquired in the context of an
apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a
- intend to settle in Quebec and sign an agreement to invest C$800,000 with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate in the Investors program.
- The assessment of your application will also take into
account other factors such as your age, the nature and duration of your
professional training and your language skills.
- The investment of C$800,000 for a five-year term is guaranteed by the Gouvernement du Quebec. Brokers and trust companies offer the possibility of financing the investment.
- At the end of the five year term, the broker or trust
company will, within 30 days, reimburse the applicant C$800,000 without
interest. However, the amount may vary if the applicant secured financing for the investment.
- Quebec IIP Investors must initially be destined for Quebec.
Please contact us for more information. We will help you to assess your qualification.